Today's episode features a conversation that will more than likely leave the two of us with a vulnerability hangover. Starting this podcast has been so much fun, but also super challenging at the same time, because it's caused to discuss several topics that go really deep into our views on dating, our views on faith, and our views on ourselves.
As we talk about navigating dating well as Christian women each week, we want yall to know that while we want to help each of you with your own dating experiences, we don't have all the answers. We don't have it all figured out. And sometimes, we need to learn to take our own advice.
That's what this episode is all about.
We decided that for today's episode, we were both going to make a list of our own struggles when it comes to dating, singleness and relationships and talk through why we struggle with these things. To summarize, here is what we each wanted to address:
- I think I need to look a certain way in order for guys to be interested in me.
- I project feelings/hurt/fear from past relationships onto the new guy I'm interested in.
- I have too much of a RomCom mentality.
- I want so badly for a relationship to work out that I attempt to "make things happen" and end up pursing the guy instead of him pursuing me.
- I feel jealous towards my friends who are dating, engaged or married.
- I lead with skepticism anytime I meet someone new instead of assuming the best of people.
- I don't let myself get super excited or invested too quickly when I first start dating someone, because I don't want to get hurt or heartbroken if doesn't work out.
- I expect a guy to lead in a very stereotypical way that leads to him having to try to read my mind.
- I am tempted to put my life on hold while I wait to be in a relationship.
- I think I'm single because there must be something wrong with me and that's why no one wants to be with me.
- I am a terrible flirt (haha).
As we pour our hearts out to you and talk about these struggles and insecurities, we hope to accomplish two goals:
1. Let you know that you are not alone if you struggle with some of the same things we do.
2. Show you that applying the content of this podcast is easier said than done. We need these reminders just as much as the next person.
So be sure to go check out the episode where we dive into these topics, and hopefully you'll leave feeling encouraged as we all navigate these dating journey together! You can listen to "Easier Said Than Done" on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or Podbean.
And finally, check back next week for our season finale where we'll be talking about how to navigate the holidays being single.
We'll see you next week!
Hosts: Kristen Camp and Bethany White
Music by: Adam Johnson
Mixing and Editing by: Bethany White
Logo Design by: Kristen Camp
welcome to looking for the middle
If you're tired of Tinder but you don't want to kiss dating goodbye, you've come to the right place!